Monday Marriage Magic Tip #37: Why is Laura Doyle Controversial?
Marriage Mindbody/Somatic Magic
Dear Awesome Woman,
I sent this newsletter exclusively out to my cherished email list who receive Somatic Marriage tips every Monday but since it’s an important topic, I decided to share it as a blog post as well 🙂 If you’d like to hop onto that list, download your free gifts here and you’ll be added to that cherished list.
Maybe some of you have heard of Laura Doyle’s book “The Empowered Wife” and have even read it.
Besides reading the book, I was fortunate to train with her many years back and appreciated the training very much. Her relationship advice can infuse new energy into a marriage and help save a dying one as well as make a good one better.
But I can also understand how feathers can be ruffled when hearing her advice:
- So what if I can make myself happy — he’s supposed to do things to make me happy and I tell him how to do that all the time! He just doesn’t listen!
- Why should I express myself in the way of desires (love and like) instead of just speaking like a normal human being? Isn’t he a normal human being who understands normal communication? He’s not a neanderthal man though he acts like it sometimes!
- Laura Doyle’s book is for those wives who want more of their husband’s time, focus and attention — but I want less! My husband is so demanding!
- Give over all the finances to my husband? What is she crazy? None of the bills would get paid on time!
- I’m not the problem, he is!
- Verbal abuse is a real thing — you can’t just push that under the rug.
- At least with marriage counselors I get to say what’s on my mind and heart. He is my husband and needs to hear it.
- Honesty is so important in a marriage and her approach is not natural or intuitive at all!
As a Somatic Healer who recognizes the importance of honesty as well as cringes at suppression, I understand all these complaints! And that’s why I integrate Somatic Healing methods along with Laura’s advice when I coach women on their marriages. When you go Somatic, nothing needs to be suppressed and honesty rules.
The caveat? The somatic approach is sacred and private. Meaning, instead of exploding on your husband or imploding on yourself, you’re using incredible tools to process your thoughts, your voice, your feelings and then discerning the best effective means to communicate to your husband or not. After processing your stuff, your triggers, your emotions and landing on your wisdom, you’ll be guided from within what steps will get you feeling awesome! And that is why I call my marriage website, Your Marriage Magic! Because your marriage can be magical, awesome and a place to heal and shine.
We are all walking nervous systems. We can be in flight, fight or freeze and so can our husbands. Instead of both of you triggering each other throughout the week, fighting and being at odds, you can take the reins and steer your relationship in a different direction.
By somatically releasing trauma, processing all your emotions including resentment and accessing your inner goldmine of wisdom, you can heal yourself and your marriage. This allows you to help create a relationship that supports you—mind, body and soul.
Mindbody Marriage Magic Tips for today?
- Do something wonderful for you today.
- Get the ROAR! Process and do it! I developed it as a Somatic Release process to help people stop imploding and exploding—both disasters for your nervous system and relationship! If you are a client of mine, then this is one of the tools at your fingertips and you’re already a pro — please remember to use it 🙂Notice when you are in fight, flight and freeze. What does that feel like in your body?
- Jot down and collage your desires. What are you really wanting your life to look like?
Schedule your free 20-minute Marriage Magic Call today. As a Somatic Healer, Marriage Coach and Anxiety & Trauma Specialist, I help empower women to trust the wisdom of their bodies, emotions and intuition to achieve permanent positive shifts in their health, relationships, and careers. I also specialize in Narcissist Abuse Detox & Recovery. It’s only too late if you don’t START NOW!
Check out Aviva’s testimonial below! She achieved these results from even less than 6 sessions. That’s how fast healing shifts and amazing effectiveness can result from Somatic/Mindbody Marriage Magic!
“My recommendation to anyone who is reading this, and perhaps looking to increase their quality of life, quality of relationships, and quality of personal wellbeing, is to be in direct touch with Miriam Racquel Feldman.
I had no idea what “somatic healing” was, but I knew that the traditional modalities were very expensive, time-consuming and not very helpful. When I read that this sort of healing includes the body’s responses and mechanisms I was keenly interested but quite skeptic. I’d vote myself to be the least likely to be affected by something like this—let alone positively.
But I gave it a chance, and although I cannot explain how it worked— it worked!
The painful memories no longer create the same physical responses. I remember them because of course we can’t erase memory, but I truly no longer feel the pain of the trauma I endured.
The quality of every aspect of my life has increased and I finally feel happiness and freedom.
Miriam Racquel’s nurturing guidance throughout the process was powerfully healing. She remarkably lifted me from confusion and… a sense that what I felt was somehow just a part of life to contend with… to …. You can live a meaningful and enriched life without the numbness. Without the pain. Without the shame.
Her professional abilities coupled with true empathy and a remarkable ability to remember everything discussed, always had us engaged in great conversation and even laughter. How refreshing!” – Aviva
More testimonials here: Client Love. Enjoy!
Feel free to forward to friends and share the light of Marriage Mindbody Magic 🙂
Great news! Enjoy my Award-Winning memoir, God Said What?! #MyOrthodoxLife, now available on Audible in addition to the print and Kindle version. Winner of the GOLD award in Nonfiction Book Awards, it’s a tale of love, humor, faith, and Kabbalistic mystical happenings!
“I couldn’t put this book down and neither could my Mom! “God said What” is a book you only come by once in a decade! The engaging style and relationship angst made it a real page turner. My elderly Mom was equally fascinated and couldn’t put it down and kept rereading it too! Thank you Miriam!” – Mom Gold
Love & blessings,
Miriam Racquel (Meryl)
Somatic Healer, Relationship Expert & Clarity Coach